There is no higher priority than the safety of our customers and team members. Rest assured, we are closely monitoring information released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), federal, state, and local government agencies, and internal teams, to stay on top of this evolving situation with the most up-to-the-minute information and to ensure the actions we are taking are comprehensive and appropriate.
We understand, however, that you may have concerns about travel. We would like to ease your worries by sharing with you the procedures we are enhancing to assure your safety and the safety of our team members.
While it is our general practice to thoroughly clean our buses before each trip, we are enhancing our cleaning efforts in our most frequently used areas such as handrails, door handles, overhead bins and restrooms, and on all hard surfaces such as tray tables, window shades, and armrests. Each such surface is thoroughly wiped down with an effective, high-grade disinfectant and multi-purpose cleaner.
If we are advised by the CDC of a person who has traveled on board was potentially exhibiting coronavirus symptoms, that vehicle will be taken out of service and sent through a full decontamination process.
While en route, all efforts will be made to allow as much fresh air as possible into the bus.
Our Team and Facilities
We are taking concrete steps to reduce team member risk of exposure. We have:
- Developed a Contagious Illness Response Plan (CIRP);
- Implemented infection prevention measures (e.g., promoting frequent and thorough hand washing, stocking alcohol-based hand sanitizer, encouraging respiratory etiquette such as covering coughs and sneezes, and encouraging team members to stay at home when sick);
- Developed procedures for prompt identification and isolation of individuals who are ill;
- Communicated with team members about workplace flexibilities and protection (e.g., permitting employees to stay home to care for a sick family member);
- Increased the frequency of our housekeeping practices, which includes routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the work environment.
The dynamic nature of this outbreak requires us to be nimble and flexible in how we respond. We will continue to be vigilant in our actions to ensure the safe travel of our passengers. We will continue to update you periodically as new details become available.
Thank you for your trust in the All Aboard America team of companies. We are confident our proactive actions will enable us to continue delivering you an unparalleled, safe and reliable, white glove transportation service.